How important is music to you? What are your favorite songs?
Music is such an important part of my life. As a girl, I trained as a ballerina, as well as learned other forms of dance. From a young age, I had a love for music, and a passion for dance. When I got older and quit dancing, music still played a critical role in my life. I still hold music in a high regard and still love listening to it when I need a mood boost. For this reason, I thought I’d share my top ten favorite songs.
My Top Ten Favorite Songs:
10) Change – Deftones
– I first heard this song in the movie Queen of the Damned, and I was hooked. This song is incredible and I always enjoy listening to it. This is my starting point for this list and I think it is a darn good one.
9) Glycerine – Bush
– Bush is such an amazing band, and this song may be cliché but I love it. This song is beautiful in so many ways and I can listen to it on repeat without a second thought.
8) November Rain – Guns N’ Roses
– I remember being a young child and watching this video and crying. The video is so sad and beautiful, as well as the song. It is just truly a magical song and I love it.
7) Hey Jude – The Beatles
– I am an avid Beatles fan, so it was hard to pick one, but this list is only 10 songs. My love for Beatles could create its own top ten list. (Maybe in the future?)
6) I Want You to Know – Zedd and Selena Gomez
– This song is so fun and makes me want to dance and sing. I love listening to this while driving down the road by myself so I can belt it out.
We are cruising right along… Let’s get to the top 5…
5) Slow Down – Selena Gomez
– I have no shame. I am a HUGE Selena Gomez fan. Her music, her show, her movies, her fashion sense. She is such an incredible young woman. Did I mention I love her music? Well, I do. I have every album and song she has made, and hardly any I don’t like. This is my favorite though.
4) Emperor’s New Clothes – Panic at the Disco
– This song is so amazing. Actually, the entire PATD album is phenomenal but I am only picking one PATD song, and this is it. This song has a unique sound, reminds me of a voodoo New Orleans sound, and I love it.
Top Three… Let’s do this…
3) Machine – Misterwives
– This song is truly one I listen to when I need some positive vibes or to just belt my stress out. Machine is an alternative rock song with a quirky but powerful female lead. This song is about embracing your uniqueness and being one of a kind.
2) Tear You Apart – She Wants Revenge
– I first heard this song on American Horror Story: Hotel. It is a creepy song, with great instrumentals, and awesome lyrics. The video is creepy but awesome.
Before we get to the #1 favorite song of mine… HONORABLE MENTIONS!!!!
Pretty Much Amazing – Joanna
- This song is a fun and upbeat song. It never fails to make me laugh and sing out loud.
Guardian Angel – Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
– This song is conflicting for me on where to put it. I love this song, maybe almost as much as my top 5, however not quite. However, this song is critical in my life because it has become my number one song during a panic attack. The soothing and slow beginning with the up tempo pick up towards the end is perfect for timing my breaths. By the time the song picks up, my attacks are typically over. It has become a life saver.
Love Me Like You Do – Ellie Goulding
- Just a beautiful song.
Rock and Roll All Night – KISS
- I must have at least one KISS song. This is my choice.
Thunder Rolls – Garth Brooks
- I could easily put several his original music on here, but this is still my favorite. I love this song, but I just can’t put it in the top ten.
And now, my number one favorite song…
- Castle – Halsey
- This song has become my anthem of sorts. It easily boosts my mood and makes me sing along. The beat, the lyrics, and Halsey’s voice just make this song incredible.